Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Red Lobster Style Cheddar Biscuits from Budget101



My son absolutely loves Red Lobster biscuits. He likes fried shrimp, but he likes the biscuits more! Sometime last summer when I was out of work, he was literally begging us to eat there because he wanted biscuits. I finally decided that surely I could at least try to make them at home. Even if it took me several tries to get it right, it would still be cheaper than a single trip to Red Lobster. My son loved them, which was the whole point, and to be as super quick as they are, they were pretty darn close. I have a few other recipes to try that are similar, but I thought I would start with the simplest (this one) and work my way up. But for yummy and super quick, these were quite good.

Red Lobster Cheese Biscuits
Source: Budget101.com

Ingredients:
  • 2 C buttermilk baking mix
  • 2/3 C milk
  • 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 C butter
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  • Combine mix, milk and cheese with a wooden spoon until soft dough forms. Beat vigorously 30 seconds.
  • Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 - 10 minutes until golden brown.
  • Combine butter and garlic powder; brush over warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet. Serve warm. Makes 10 large biscuits.

Erin's Notes: I used Bisquick and sharp cheddar (always do), and I did add 1/4 tsp garlic powder to the mix in addition to what is called for in the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...