My son absolutely loves Red Lobster biscuits. He likes fried shrimp, but he likes the biscuits more! Sometime last summer when I was out of work, he was literally begging us to eat there because he wanted biscuits. I finally decided that surely I could at least try to make them at home. Even if it took me several tries to get it right, it would still be cheaper than a single trip to Red Lobster. My son loved them, which was the whole point, and to be as super quick as they are, they were pretty darn close. I have a few other recipes to try that are similar, but I thought I would start with the simplest (this one) and work my way up. But for yummy and super quick, these were quite good.
Red Lobster Cheese Biscuits
- 2 C buttermilk baking mix
- 2/3 C milk
- 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 C butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine mix, milk and cheese with a wooden spoon until soft dough forms. Beat vigorously 30 seconds.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 - 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Combine butter and garlic powder; brush over warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet. Serve warm. Makes 10 large biscuits.
Erin's Notes: I used Bisquick and sharp cheddar (always do), and I did add 1/4 tsp garlic powder to the mix in addition to what is called for in the recipe.