Note that any recipes marked as a Family Favorites are ones that we make often (that seems obvious, right?) and/or truly adore. I do try to credit where I obtain each of my recipes, but many of the Family Favorites have been floating around the family for so long that I have no idea as to the original source for them. This is one of those.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- small onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. Bisquick
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire
- 2 eggs
- 1 C. cottage cheese (small curd)
- 1 C. grated cheddar cheese
- 9 in. deep-dish pie crust, unbaked
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brown ground beef with onion and salt. Drain. Stir in Bisquick and Worcestershire. Cook just until Worchestershire is abosrbed. Remove from heat, set aside.
- In small bowl, beat egg and fold in cottage cheese. Set aside.
- Into unbaked pie shell, layer 1/3 cheddar cheese, 1/2 meat mixture, 1/2 egg mixture, 1/3 cheddar cheese, remaining meat mixture, remaining egg mixture, and remaining cheddar.
- Bake until set, about 30 minutes. (Place pie shell on foil-lined baking sheet if you are concerned about spill over.) Let stand 5 minutes before serving.