Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cheeseburger Pie - Family Favorite

My mom has been making Cheeseburger Pie for as long as I can remember. It is about the only thing that involves cottage cheese that I actually like. I don't think I was much of a fan as a child, but it has become one of my favorites as an adult. (That's risotto in the background, but that's another post....)

Note that any recipes marked as a Family Favorites are ones that we make often (that seems obvious, right?) and/or truly adore. I do try to credit where I obtain each of my recipes, but many of the Family Favorites have been floating around the family for so long that I have no idea as to the original source for them. This is one of those.



Cheeseburger Pie
Source: Unknown

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • small onion, chopped
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 Tbsp. Bisquick
  • 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 C. cottage cheese (small curd)
  • 1 C. grated cheddar cheese
  • 9 in. deep-dish pie crust, unbaked
Instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 375.
  • Brown ground beef with onion and salt. Drain. Stir in Bisquick and Worcestershire. Cook just until Worchestershire is abosrbed. Remove from heat, set aside.
  • In small bowl, beat egg and fold in cottage cheese. Set aside.
  • Into unbaked pie shell, layer 1/3 cheddar cheese, 1/2 meat mixture, 1/2 egg mixture, 1/3 cheddar cheese, remaining meat mixture, remaining egg mixture, and remaining cheddar.
  • Bake until set, about 30 minutes. (Place pie shell on foil-lined baking sheet if you are concerned about spill over.) Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...