Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Taco Cornbread Bake from Plain Chicken



This was one of the first recipes I tried from Pinterest. (I assume you know about Pinterest, right? If not, read my rhapsodizing about it on my main blog.) It was a good idea, but I didn't love it. To me, the cornbread was way too sweet (I'm a southerner; no sugar in my cornbread, please! Sugar goes in the sweet tea.) The base also tasted like it was missing something, though I can't really put my finger on what. I'll keep hunting for similar recipes, I think.
Taco Cornbread Bake
Source: Plain Chicken, found on Pinterest

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground round
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1 can Rotel tomatoes and green chiles
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 box Jiffy corn bread mix, plus ingredients to make cornbread
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • sour cream
  • salsa
Directions:
  • In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water and taco seasoning. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup of cheese, Rotel tomatoes and black beans. Spoon into a greased 8x8 baking dish.
  • Prepare corn bread mix according to package directions for corn bread. Spread over beef mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes.
  • Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream and salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...