Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Clueless In The Kitchen

"Clueless In The Kitchen." That's how I used to sign my cooking questions on my favorite bulletin board. I am not a "natural chef" by any means; I'm pretty much lost without a recipe. I had also just assumed that "real cooking" was hard. Without that group of amazing women from around the world patiently encouraging me and answering even the dumbest questions, I never would have been brave enough to start learning to cook. I credit one particular friend with providing my first real "from scratch" recipe: macaroni and cheese. With the exception of one minor tweak, I still make it exactly from her recipe. I've posted it on my regular blog in the past, but I'll be reposting it here the next time I make it. I want to be sure and get a picture of it, and all of the recipes and experiments I make going forward. I'll also try to start posting any recipes I already have pictures for over the next few weeks.

I will admit, I do have an ulterior motive for starting a separate blog. I have started on my third 101 Things in 1001 Days list, and item number 13 is to try 101 new recipes. And I need proof! LOL So this is how I intend to track them.

And remember, if I can make it, you can make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...