These fall into my favorite recipe category: Easy But Awesome! I already love chocolate covered pretzels. Toss in caramel and pecans, and how could this possibly be bad? Answer: it can't! They really do taste just like a turtle candy, but with the added extra salty crunch of the pretzel. They are simply wonderful. You can make as many or as few as you like, which is why I didn't include amounts/numbers below. The hardest part is unwrapping all the candies. Enjoy!
Source: slightly adapted from Recipe Zaar Recipe #107408 (now Food.com)
- grid-style small pretzels
- bag of Rolo chocolate-covered caramel candies, unwrapped
- pecan halves
- (you should have equal numbers of pretzels, candies, and pecans)
Erin's Notes: original recipe called for mini-twists
- Preheat oven to 250°F
- Place pretzels in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet (as few or as many as you like).
- Put one Rolo on each pretzel, as centered as possible.
- Put the Rolo/pretzels in the oven until the Rolos soften and start to melt (about 4 minutes for me). Note: Rolos will retain their shape, even when soft enough for the next step.
- Remove from the oven and push one pecan half down in the middle of each Rolo.
- Let cool. (I had to put them in the refrigerator to get them to set properly.)
- Remove from the parchment and store in an air tight container. (I keep mine in the fridge.)
- Best if removed from refrigerator a few minutes before serving to warm up slightly.